Pages

Saturday 20 June 2009

East Side Gallery



The East Side gallery is a former part of the Berlin Wall that is now an outdoor gallery,
in 1990, 118 artists from 21 countries painted a part of the wall, unfortunately over the years the original murals were graffed up- something they do ALOT in Berlin! So they've asked the artists to come back and re-do them, which seemed to be happening when I visited but I still seen some good ones, the wall is 1.3km long and the back of it apparently was covered in graffiti, graff ppl from around the world had been and covered it but they painted the whole thing white at the min so i'll go back in a few weeks and see whats happened.



































I then went to the Markisches Museum in Mitte (in the middle of Berlin), its all about the history of Berlin- its full of loads of random stuff, not really that exciting, but there was some cool things kicking about.



I dont have a clue what instrument this is but it looks good!


Sexy record player.




I love their green men- he's so dapper!


Internet in Berlin is pretty expensive so I set out to find a cafe with free wi-fi, that found I thought I'd go for a Salami sandwich- which was dread! Think Best Buy white bread and 20% meat salami in a toastie machine- not good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment