Pages

Wednesday 1 July 2009

Berlin fashion week kicks off


So today I had a bit of a full on fashion day- I went to the Mac et Mel show (pics and info at the end) then I went to Premium - a big fashion trade show, I say big I mean HUGE!!! then I went to Bread and Butter, which is where I shall begin......................


So basically Bread and Butter is the biggest trade show in the world (I think??) but oh ma god its HUGEEEE!!!!!! it was originally started in Berlin but has been based in Barcelona for the last few years but came home to Berlin this year and they nailed it man! It was amazing- its was held in an old airport, Templehof airport- so it was all inside the airport hangers, its basically an 'urban/streetwear' trade show but it covers all casual brands- unfortunatly they are tight on taking pics as all the stuff on show is for Autumn/Winter 2009/10 so its all hush hush and hard to get in as I realised today but I managed to blag it!

The most exciting thing was all the new Kicks I seen- oh my god Reebok have some good ones coming your way- I wasnt allowed in the Adidas or Nike stands as you have to pre-book- all so hush hush! But yeah I know Im not being very informative but whenever I got my camera out they were on it so I gave up!

The Reebok pumps were part of a lil exhibition they had about 20 years of Pumps, the pics are the first 2 ever made! Niceeeee!




The hnagers all looked out on to the runway- where they had this lil msg all along it.


They had a conveyor belt with all the press packs on there-


Ok so now the Lac et mel by Gregor Clemens show-

So I arrived about half an hour before the show and was hanging out in the reception downing the free mineral water and a lil bit of wine (the humidity here is far 2 much for me) looking around at all the really badly dressed women and noticing I was the only person in Kicks (the Pumas) and the press kept going crazy over all these random German celebs- who I didnt have a clue who they were, wherever I stood I seemed to be in the way aswell which I wasnt happy about, then I went into the show (which started about 45 min late) and was happy to see I was in the second row- gota love the blagging man! All the girls getting their pics taken were a few rows behind me- oh fashion show politics! Got my goodie bag, then realised after all the drinks I had to go toilet like 5 min b4 the show as about to start so I legged it like 4 flights downstairs and came back up and they were waiting for me to come back to start! It was jokes man, had to walk down the runway with like 200 ppl staring at me- glad I cant understand German coz they were pissed THENNNNNN the show started and it was TERRIBLE!! I was more interested in bbm my mate but had 2 take some pics- so I picked the better outfits to show you!
At one point this girl stacked it Naomi Campbell, Vivienne Westwood style, which I wish I'd caught on camera but I was to busy pissing myself laughing!! Oh and at the start the music fucked up and they had to restart it- it then skipped for the first 2 min and to make it worse the soundtrack was Sam Sparrow Black & Gold- arnt we over that song??? So basically overall a VERY VERY unprofessional show with designs that look like they'd been nicked from Florence and Fred at Tesco- Abismissmal basically but very entertaining at the same time!





No wonder she stakcked it in these unbelievably inappropriate ho shoes!



The final line ups- EUGH!



So guys dont give up on me I have 6 more shows to come and a few fashion party/showcase things so hopefully all is gona get better!

OH n apologies for all the spelling mistakes- I cant spell for toffee n ma spell checker aint working!

0 comments:

Post a Comment