Pages

Friday 3 July 2009

Day 2- Berlin


So yesterday I had company in the form of Hannah- basically someone to down free alcohol and bitch with- GREAT! So we started off with Anja Gockel show, which was TERRIBLE, apparently she's from London??? We soon came to the conclusion shes shows in Berlin coz she cant get a slot in London, but yeah basically any 1st year fashion student could have made this collection, I really dont think it was necessary for so many looks when they were all so similar and boring- and the choice of fabrics was shocking! Everything and I mean EVERYTHING had some kind of shine which gave the collection a nice 90's Tammy girl feel- sexual!

Makes me wana get my knee length snake skin boots and scrunchies out again and run down the local youth club.


Ewwwwwwww green shine-


One top that I did think was alrite- nothing we havent seen before tho



Hmmmmm how should we make a real statement for the end of the show- OHHH I know just make a long floaty dress with an unnecessary amount of material- that'll fool em!


So after that we sat in the outdoor lounge bit and drank lots of free beer and chained smoked in the sun- i LOVE Berlin, when we had the pleasure of meeting a lovely young man, who turned me n Hannah in to lezza's- http://thelovemagazine.blogspot.com/- Oh dear whats my Mammy gona say!

Then we shuttled it over to the Frida Weyer show, which was real nice- it was set in a cafe bar so us non-vips did have to stand, but the show was opened by a really cool trapeze artists who made me realise I need to do some exercise quick time! Then the show started to a slightly dodgy soundtrack- but the collection was rather lovely, very feminine with quite a neutral palette and some interesting embellishment-


Its not really my own personal style but it was so good to see a collection without offensively shiny fabrics-





this is the PERFECT outfit for a wedding-


I really liked the beading on this skirt-



After that we went and ate a fat Pizza to soak up the many glasses of wine we had drank at this point then moseyed on down to the Wunderkind preview in their beautiful shop-



There was a HUGE table that ran through the middle of the shop with little snippets from their design process- sketchbook pages, material samples, toile pics- all very interesting!


The style of clothes isnt what I would wear but I can definitely appreciate the intricacy and well thought of features of the clothes- and I LOVE their use of fabrics and textures, i especially liked the one below- check out the sequin leggings in the right corner- mmmmmmmm!!

They displayed some of the toiles alongside the finished garments-




So after the Wunderkind party, more free alcohol and the RIDICULOUS humidity over here it was time for a disco nap! Then up at 10 out at 12 and straight to Watergate club for the Supreme Being (and a few other brands/company's which I forgot???) 10th anniversary party- which was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! OH my god I cant even describe how sick it was!! It had 2 floors and an outside deck on the river, one floor was some shite house music thing then upstairs was a bit more funky and then dubby- then Skream played and oh ma god- he KILLED it, it was prob the best set Ive ever heard him play- it was sooooooo sick, started with alot of new dubstep, with some classics in there (can I call them classics when they're prob only a few yrs old???) then some of his famous remix's- ie, In for the Kill, then OH MY GOD he played the most amazing dubstep versions of some proper classic old school garage tunes- ie. Be sincere, Its the way and some nice versions of some D&B tunes- basically he tore the place up, there were bare German people there who didnt have a CLUE what was goin on- blatantly thought they were at a techno night, but it didnt take them long to get shackin!!! people were goin CRAZY- mostly me and Hannah I must admit- I cant even remember the last time I danced so hard, most of all when he played BBK, 2 many men, I actually had to sit down after that coz I couldnt breathe from sheer excitement! I can also honestly say I have NEVER sweated so much in my life, I mean my clothes were wet through, my hair was drenched my make up just melted away but god it was worth it! We also had a lil boogie to some nice old skool D&B and Jungle- I cant remember who the DJ was, but MC Inja was hosting and he did a very good job!
Unfortunately/fortunately your not allowed to take pics in there- if your caught you get kicked out, which I thinks a good idea, Ive had enough of randoms asking to take my pic this week, so nothing to show you- which is probably just aswell, me n Han walking home at 6am stuffing our face with Chinese was not a good look!

1 comments:

melodeezie said...

DEAR GOD! sounds like one of the sickest days i could possibly imagine... fuck me! why am i stuck in fucking grey miserable london!!

ps. that be sincere tune is of the heeeezzzyyyy

Post a Comment